Friday, August 01, 2008

Alison Gaul Running in Esquimalt

Alison Gaul sent me her press release from the other day announcing her run for office in Esquimalt. She is clearly active in the community, but I do not see in her material is why she is running for office. What are the core municipal issues that are driving her.

Compared to others already in races elsewhere in greater Victoria, her Facebook Group is more active.

I will be trying to make it to her website launch on the 9th, though I may be still be recovering from the Sayward Canoe trip with the Scouts.
______________________________________________________________________
For Immediate Release
July 30, 2008

Alison Gaul Announces Plans To Run For Esquimalt Council

When Ali Gaul, Esquimalt mother of two, announced her plans to run in the November 2008 municipal election, friends and family cheered her on. "I was so pleased to hear her news, " says friend and longtime Esquimalt resident, Krisna Phosy, "I immediately volunteered to help with her campaign!"

Gaul has taken an active role in her community. She co-founded the Esquimalt Residents Association (ERA); she is a strong advocate for the Archie Browning Sports Centre (ABSC) and the Friends of ABSC Society; she served on the ABSC Facility Audit Committee; and she continues to volunteer with the township's Environmental Advisory Committee. Gaul includes the children of Esquimalt in her vision and is an active volunteer in her children's school. When asked what prompted her to take a leadership role in her community, Gaul answers without hesitation, "Esquimalt is my home and I care what happens in my home."

Gaul intends to use her strong professional background in supporting and advocating for children, youth and families in Council Chambers. "I want to open the doors of local government to people of all ages and all viewpoints" says Ali. "I want to earn people's trust through open communication. I listen well and I will give everyone's concerns my genuine interest and attention."

Ali launches her campaign website, www.alisongaul.ca, on August 9th with a party at Esquimalt coffee shop, Beans and Greens. The website will feature her issue statements on several areas of interest including Sewage Treatment, the Archie Browning Sports Centre, the Esquimalt Village Project and the environment, as well as a blog where residents can have the opportunity to communicate with her on an ongoing basis.
For more information on the website launch party, or to contact Ali please email aligaul@shaw.ca or call 250-383-1703.

-30-

No comments: