We operate a public library system and libraries within all of the schools. Why not combine the two into one system?
If they were one system, there would be a number of benefits:
1) Introduction to the library system by all kids
2) more books available
3) One central search system for all the books in Victoria
4) More library resources in the schools
5) Public use of school buildings after school hours - each school could function as a small branch of the library system.
6) Pooling of capital resources to build better libraries.
I can not see any down sides to this idea.