Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Richard Park - Victoria City Council

I have been meaning to meet with Richard for a few weeks for a coffee, but life intervened and it did not happen. I had a chance to talk with him on the phone about his campaign this afternoon.

Richard has managed to raise enough money to have signs up, print enough copies of a brochure to give one to everyone in town, and to have ads in print, on TV and radio.

He is working very hard to try and get elected, he has a passion and dedication to getting elected that is lacking in many of the people running for council.

At the moment his biggest downside is that his material lacks any sense of his passion and understanding of the issues. In the first few seconds of being on the phone with him I found out that he had to live in his car for two weeks and then couch surf for another six weeks before he managed to find a place to live. He quickly put a different human face on the housing problem in Victoria for me.

He is politically active but is not tied to a political ideology. He is like most Canadians, fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

I have only eight votes and I would have to drop someone I already plan on voting for to vote for him. If you have not made up your mind, check him out and consider voting for him.
Richard Park's Website
Richard Park's Facebook Group
Post a Comment