Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Jody Patterson for Mayor?

I am not thrilled by the choices for mayor of Victoria. I have been hoping to see Chris Coleman put his name forward for mayor, but he has said yes or no as of this time. If Chris runs, I will back Chris. The big loss if Chris Coleman runs for mayor is that we lose one the best councilors the city has seen.

I have been thinking about the idea of who would be a good person to have as mayor of Victoria since Alan Lowe announced he would not be running. I approached some people I thought would be good as mayor, but no one was very interested in the job. Today a name came to me - Jody Patterson.

Jody has the full set of skills needed for someone to be a good mayor. She is politically unattached to the left or right, she is pragmatic, she can work with people across the spectrum, she brings people together that are divided, she knows the issues of the city better than anyone I can think of, she can be tough when it is needed but has more compassion than most, and finally she is a very good communicator.

This is one post I am curious to see what the reaction will be.

No comments: