This is from Joseph Boutilier's website. What I find so interesting is that he wants run with no donations of money. I love the idealism of youth, the desire to change the world. I like that he is thinking.
SUPPORT JOSEPH BOUTILIER
Money talks. It talks with us, and sometimes for us, and unfortunately elections are often dominated by the aggressive marketing campaigns of select individuals, fueled by the commercial interests with cash enough to shout above all the other voices. It shouldn't be that way. It should be the city's responsibility to ensure that all candidates have a level playing field and aren't left on their own to encourage voter participation. That's why I plan to run a $0 Donations campaign. I will not be accepting a single penny for campaign-related activities.
If you're feeling generous, I would suggest you put your contributions in an organization that benefit our broader community such as The Land Conservancy, Cool Aid or the Saanich Civic League in Saanich.
That doesn't mean you can't support me, though! Send me an email if you'd like to volunteer with canvassing and other opportunities and learn the twists and turns of the campaign trail. Or you can make one of the following $0 Donations to help generate publicity that speaks with words instead of debit, credit or cash:
- Make your own campaign sign for your business, yard, bike, or backpack - use www.futureisnow.ca so that people know where they can learn more.
- Spread the word - email your friends and family, network on Facebook, tell your coworkers, and let everyone know when and where they can vote.
- Write a letter to the editor of your favorite (or least favorite) newspaper or magazine.
- Send me a video or text endorsement to show your support as a community stakeholder, business owner, manager or volunteer.
- Print out your own flyers to pass out to neighbours and strangers.
- Encourage other municipal candidates to run a $0 Donations campaign.
And if you don't support me...
Let me know. I am always open to feedback and would love to hear your ideas and thoughts on my platform and policies.