Monday, March 16, 2009

Victoria Daily Photo Blog

Benjamin Madison does this blog which is a photo from the Victoria area each and every day. Over the weekend he reached the one year mark.

Most blogs are self indulgent rants, rambling meaningless things, repetitive or re-posts of what others have written. I know this because too often what I am posting fits into one of more of the categories. Benjamin manages to avoid this with his approach. He makes an interesting point about how setting a specific goal of one pic a day pushed him to do it consistently and I think better than waiting to only post 'the best'. I suspect many of his posts that he has seen as being not that good are the ones that have touched other people in ways he can not think of.

I enjoy looking at it every day and seeing what he is choosing. Often his images set of a new direction of thinking in my head about this city.

Keep up the good work Benjamin

2 comments:

Benjamin Madison said...

Hey Bernard, thanks for the very kind words. I think one thing that keeps me from getting too personal or local is that I am always thinking of the the other City Daily Photo Blog people from many other countries who visit it every day. Victoria and Vancouver Island are exotic distant locations to them and much of what is boring and normal to us is not to them. However, it is very rewarding to think I may be offering something that Victorians can enjoy too. I know it's made me look much more closely at our city. I like your blog too and always find it stimulating and interesting. Thanks.

Jonathan said...

Bernard: The perfect link for a blog named "Victoria Vision": The Victoria Art Gallery's "Image of the Day" RSS feed: http://collection.aggv.bc.ca/iotd/feed.aspx