View Larger Map
In general I seem to have managed to locate a fair amount of information that the City and others have made available about the bridge, but i know there is information out there that has not been made public, or at least I have not been able to find it.
One aspect I have not been able to find out much about is the Citizen Advisory Committee the City created for the project. I have no idea how often they are meeting and what they are talking about at those meetings. The City project website has almost no details on it at all. If you drill down through some of the pages, you eventually find some of the background detailed work.
What I have still do not know or have not seen are the following:
- What are the terms of the contract with the MMM Group Limited? Are they financially on the hook if the project were to go over budget?
- After the stimulus funding was no longer available, why was no timeline made public?
- Did the City make any requests of the Province for money?
- The design for the replacement, has it been fully designed? Are the designs ready for construction? All I have seen are nice looking pictures and no engineering drawings.
- Who will decide on the company to build the bridge? What process will be used to find the company to build the bridge?
- What methodology was used to come up with the price tag for the project?