Friday, August 20, 2010

15 months now without the TC

For years I subscribed to the TC and when I lived in the interior the Vancouver Sun.   I have even had subscriptions to the Globe and Mail and the National Post from time to time.     I gave up getting the paper on a daily basis at the end of 2009 BC election.

I thought I would really miss it, but I do not.   I buy the paper from time to time but I find it uninspiring, actually, they are all uninspiring.  Not getting the paper saves me time each day.   I thought I would be out of the loop with the news, but that has not been the case.

It saddens me that I no longer get the paper, but I am not sure I will ever return to getting the daily local paper.   I get more than enough local news from the radio and online.   For world events I rely on the Economist, as I have done for some 23 years now.

My guilt is not high enough for me to get a subscription.  

1 comment:

Mike Laplante said...

We once went without a daily paper for about two years. Your post has inspired me to consider the idea again.

Really, all the news you'd ever want can be found online.

The only thing we take advantage of are sales flyers. If there was a online service that 'delivered' flyers to you email, I think we'd definitely drop the paper again.