- Vicki Sanders $14,623.26 4th 12,358 votes
- Rob Wickson $13,082.67 9th 7,801
- Dean Murdock $11,337.83 5th 11,899
- Judy Brownoff $10,925.64 2nd 13,208
- Leif Wergeland $10,188.92 6th 11,740
- Paul Gerrard $10,184.79 7th 10,681
- Susan Brice $10,457.28 1st 13,547
- Nicola Wade $9,413.03 8th 9,437
- Vic Derman $8,016.97 3rd 12,427
- Jesse McClinton $807.52 10th 4,935
- Harald Wolf $456.15 11th 4,865
- Ingrid Ip $5.59 12th 3,999
The spending by the top nine candidates was all in roughly the same range of $11,000 +-$3,000. No one had any real monetary advantage in the Saanich election. The vote range of the top nine was also relatively close.
In my opinion, for someone to succeed in Saanich as an non-incumbent you likely need to be spending $25,000 to $30,000 on your election if the incumbents are spending $11,000.
The top vote winner was Susan Brice, but her name is also the best known name of all the people on Saanich council.
The two candidates endorsed by the Victoria Labour Council, Dean Murdock and