Friday, February 27, 2009

Corey Burger Blog and Bioswales

Corey Burger has a blog on local issues that I find impressive. He is putting a lot of thought into his postings. Definitely worth reading even if you do not agree with him.

Corey ran as a Green candidate for Oak Bay council in the fall.

One thing I am taking away from his blog today is information on bioswales. I must admit I had not really thought about them even though I have seen them in a few spots around town. The CRD has a whole page about them. Included is this picture of a street in Seattle - this is the sort of thing I would love to see local governments support this in our region.

The idea fits very well with the depaving concept that I personally believe needs to happen. Much too much of our urban environment is covered with impervious surfaces. There is a lot we could remove and benefit our city and environment.

1 comment:

Corey Burger said...

Thanks for the kind comments Bernard. I am trying to get better at posting on a more consistent schedule but life (school, etc.) keeps interrupting.