Monday, April 26, 2010

Urbanspoon

I thought I would quickly highlight a website I found useful, Urbanspoon.  It is great for finding out about restaurants.  It is a tool that you can use on smart phones and which has allowed us to find places to eat when we have been on the road, we really lucked out in Port Townsend with the Silverwater Cafe.

The site has a listing of the 100 best restaurants in Victoria.   In general it is a list I agree with, though there are some clunkers on it.   What I like about Urbanspoon is that enough people are using that there is a good database of information on the site about restaurants.  You can see how much I use it from my profile.  


I was recently at the Beacon Drive In and I should have known better than to order the food there.  I should have read the reviews on line and remembered that I should only order ice cream there.

So why am I touting this website?   Mainly because I would love to see even more people use it so that there is even more information available on the site.   Try it out and see how it works for you.   More and better information on the site will mean we all be able to make better dining choices.

1 comment:

Jared said...

Yelp and Google Maps reviews are starting to hustle in on Urbanspoon's territory. It'll be interesting to see who wins in Victoria, but until then peoples' energies will be divided between the three sites. :(