Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wow was I wrong in how I thought the election would go

I have predicted many elections, I have even made very reaching predictions to show what could happen.   I have never been as wrong as I was this time in Victoria.

1) The Yes side won with a landslide.  Interesting foot note, I have been looking for an example where the counter petition process was used and the No side got fewer votes than people who signed the petition, in the 15 I could find results for it never happened.

2) Marinanne Alto has also won with a landslide, Barry Hobbis was not even close to her vote

Detailed results later on

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you and Ross Crockford should wear clown noses tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I grossly overestimated the turnout. I mistakenly assumed the large advance poll would translate into a higher than average turnout due to the bridge and marina issues.

David Bratzer said...

Congratulations to the winning candidate, Marianne Alto, and to the Yes side.

Barry Hobbis lost, but I think he is well positioned for the 2011 municipal elections if he decides to persevere. Particularly if he stays active and vocal about a variety of issues between now and then.