Fernwood’s annual neighbourhood celebration is about to hit the Square and beyond! Are you ready for this BC’s best urban block party?
For the 18th year in a row, we will be rocking out with musicians, performers, dancers, food, bikes, artists, magic, and so much more! There is no better place to be on June 21st and 22nd. Join us and watch the revelry unfurl as the Fernwood Square is transformed into a 2-day circus extravaganza of fun with all your best neighbours and friends!
Special guests, Surprises! Spectacles! You name it! All will abound….
Where: Fernwood Square, Gladstone Avenue, and the Vic High Field
Friday, June 21, 2013 from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Live Bands: Dylan Stone Trio, Boots of Mischief, Masala World Percussion Band, The Woodsmen, Grandpa Phunk, and Micro Bongo Sound System
- Beer Garden & BBQ
- Hamburgers & Stage Sausages (we have gluten-free buns!)
Saturday, June 22, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Pancake Breakfast
- Field of Dreams Activity Centre
- All day Volleyball Drop-in, Archery, Laughter Yoga, Capoeira, ViVi Massage Tent, and roaming performers..
- Kids Zone (located on the Field of Dreams) - Pirate Ship Bouncy Castle, face painting, FUN Society activities, Fortis BC activities, George Jay Button-Making Table, Herb Sale, and much more
- Kidical Mass Bike Parade
- Artisan Market
- Heritage & Garden Tours
- Senior’s High Tea at The Fernwood Community Centre
- Beer Garden and BBQ
- Live music performances by The Gleesons, Geoff Howe, Fox Glove, The Sweet Endings, Estella, Gold & Shadow, Larson Music Choir, David P. Smith’s Golden Country Clan, Waves of Days, The New Groovement, and BoneHoof