Here are the results
- 2011 results and changes from 2008
- Denise Savoie NDP 30,679 (+4,236) 50.73% (+6.12)
- Patrick Hunt Conservative 14,330 (-2,007) 23.70% (-3.86)
- Christopher Causton Liberal 8.447 (-1,559) 13.97% (-2.91)
- Jared Giesbrecht Green 7,015 (+763) 11.60% (+1.05)
- TOTAL VOTE 60,471 (+1,196)
Denise Savoie is the only candidate on Vancouver Island to get a majority of the vote, though Elizabeth May was the candidate to get the most votes on the island.
The result does not surprise me on any level. I suspect no one is surprised.
What I find interesting is that at least some Conservative voters from 2008 have to decided to vote for Denise Savoie this time around.
Victoria will now be classified as a safe NDP seat by all the pundits out there.