Thursday, October 27, 2011

Some help with the local elections

I got this email today, the person asked that their name not be posted.   This gives people one more person's opinion on the school board elections

Hi Bernard,


I regularly check out your blog. For a number of years I was involved in sd61 PACs and some of its committees, my kids were younger then. For at least two years I went to Board meetings. I felt I was a witness to important decisions that had so few in the audience. But I stopped going because it made me feel so sick ---toxic is more the word. Shinanegans, non-answers to questions. The majority-assured voted. The skimpy Minutes. Anyway I stopped going. I am still interested though.


Here are some other links to check out.


Victoria Public Education Coalition www.vpec.org


Linda Travers is writing a series (read all the sections so far) about her experience attending board meetings during the last few years. I know Linda from those meetings: I think of her as a classic Nancy Drew: persistent, smart, patient.


Victoria Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils www.vcpac.ca


This is the District PAC for SD61 schools. They will host two all-trustee meetings so you can check out all the candidates, Nov 9 and Nov 15. The info is on their website.


Another candidate I have run into is Deborah Nohr www.deborahnohr.ca


She has information about herself.


Your previous entry about “plumping” your vote has strong significance for the Trustee vote. I will use this strategy.
Post a Comment