Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dean Murdock Fundraiser

Saanich Councilor Dean Murdock is out to the gate with a July 13th fundraiser for his re-election campaign.

Here are the details:

I'm pleased to invite you to a summer fundraiser for my fall municipal election campaign!
Let's celebrate the summer! Come and enjoy a summer evening of drinks, appetizers, prizes, and great conversation.
Wednesday, July 13
6 - 8pm
University Club
University of Victoria
Tickets - $50 or $30 for students
For tickets or information - 250.508.4137, deanmurdock2011@gmail.com


I can not go because I am not in town.   That said, I am unlikely to go because I still think Dean is really angling to be an MLA and it concerns me that he supports the LRT idea even though the recommendation report that came out is fundamental flawed and written by a company with a conflict of interest.

My main reason in posting this is to make all of you out there that are thinking about running for council that you need to get your act gear now.   I know some other sitting councilors and mayors around this region have been holding small discrete fundraisers already.

If you are not an incumbent and you are running in Saanich or Victoria, you need to raise $30,000 to have any realistic chance of winning a council seat.   Incumbents need a lot less money to be able to be win re-election.

No comments: