Saturday, June 11, 2011

Red Creek Fir

The blog Vancouver Island Big Trees reminded me that I have been wanting to go see the Red Creek Fir for some time now.   The tree is the largest Douglas Fir that we know of in the world.   It is not the tallest, largest is a measure of height and bulk of the tree.



It is actually quite amazing what is out in the backyard of Victoria.   There is some amazing little spots between Victoria, Cowichan Lake and Port Renfrew.   There are beautiful waterfalls, large trees, hidden glades and more.   It is all out there and almost none of us ever go to see any of it.

2 comments:

David Bratzer said...

Wow, beautiful pictures. Thanks for posting these.

Sea Dean - Paint a Masterpiece said...

Hi Bernard, this is somewhat spooky. I just finished a painting of a waterfall which came out of my imagination and it looks almost exactly like this. Where did you take this photo and what is the waterfall or creek called? I just spent 3 months on VI but never had the time to go hiking, however for some reason I decided to google VI Waterfalls and this came up. Sea - http://www.facebook.com/BlueSkyRedEarthGallery