Very few people seem to be using this tool effectively as of yet. The one corelation I can see here is that the younger candidates seem to be the ones that make better use of this tool than the older ones. Sean McNulty in Central Saanich really has figured out how to use facebook for his campaign.
Facebook is good because people have to chose to join and therefore are have a higher degree of support of a candidate. This is a great tool to find volunteers and get people out to events.
Some people are using the support for a politician type page, I do not see those as effective campaign tools.
Here is the list of the ones I know about, if you know of others, please let me know:
City of Victoria
- Rob Reid for mayor - 211 members and some use to campaign
- Simon Nattrass - 126 members and he is using it to campaign and communicate
- Dean Fortin for mayor - 123 members, some info but no use of facebook to reach out
- Richard Park - 98 members with good information
- Rob Randall - 98 members and used a bit to campaign
- Steve Fillipovic for mayor - 91 members, not being used much to campaign
- Sonya Chandler/Phillipe Lucas - 85 members on a joint group, not being used effectively enough
- Rose Henry - 82 members and she is using it to campaign
- Christopher Gillespie - 69 supporters on a politician page
- Tavis Dodds - 38 members rather quickly, but not much info
- John Farquharson - 37 members and a good source of information
- Susan Woods - 25 members but some good information
- Chris Coleman - only 18 members, but I only helped set it out a day or two ago.
- Diana Smardon - only 13 members and not a lot of information on there.
- Chris Munkasci - only 13 supporters on a politician page
- Dean Murdock - 80 supporters on a politician page
- Harald Wolf for mayor - 43 supporters on a politican page
- Judy Brownoff has 25 mebers and really no information on facebook
- Michelle Kirby - 75 members
- Corey Burger - 21 members he also has a politician page with three supporters
- Tara Ney has the smallest facebook group with only 11 members
- Ali Gaul - 105 members and she has used facebook well to campaign
- Lori King - 84 members and a good source of information
- Jeremy Baker - 76 members rather quickly and he is using facebook to reach out.
- Meagan Brame - 35 members and some information
- Sean McNulty for mayor - 331 members and used extensively to campaign
- Sue Stroud - 45 members and good information
- Carl Jensen has a small facebook group that has been up for awhile but been dormant
- Shaun Wysiecki - 334 members though not used heavily to campaign
- Carol Hamilton for mayor - 126 members and no information
- Ryan Hinton - 90 members and good information